|The Office of Emergency Preparedness is responsible for emergency planning for the University and has prepared this Handbook in accordance with its responsibilities. This Handbook was developed so that faculty, staff, students and visitors to York University campuses are prepared to handle any emergency situation that may arise.
- Read the entire Handbook and insert the following information on the back cover:
- Names and phone numbers of your Manager, Building Emergency Captain and Alternate, Resident Life Coordinator, Emergency Response Wardens and First Aiders.
- Assembly points you should go to if your building is evacuated.
- Location of your first aid kit and/or Automated External Defibrillator.
- Take time NOW to note these numbers in a wallet or diary that you have with you at all times:
- If you work for the university, record your manager’s telephone number and cell phone number.
- York University Security Services Emergency phone number: 416 736-5333 or Ext. 33333
- York University Security Services General Inquiry phone number: 416-650-8000 or Ext. 58000
- Your Building Emergency Captain and their Alternate’s phone number.
- Make sure you:
- Know where to find all stairwells on your floor.
- Know about your floor evacuation plan.
- Update the names and phone numbers in your Handbook as changes occur.