|In the event of a flood on campus,
- Do NOT attempt to shut off electricity if any water is present. Water and live electrical wires can be lethal.
- Do not use flooded appliances or electrical outlets until they have been checked by the local power authority.
- If the flood is outside, avoid the flooded area as the ground below may be unsettled and could cave in.
- Never cross a flooded area. If you are on foot, fast water could sweep you away.
- If you are in a car, do not drive through flood waters. The water could be deeper that it looks.